Used Car Buying Tips; 3 Reasons To Buy Used

Remember, I am an ex-Car Salesman and I am going to give you 3 reasons why I was going to push you (the customer) towards buying a Used Car.

Used Car Buying Tip #1
The biggest reason I wanted you to buy a Used Car was because I was going to make a much better commission. The Used Car Commission would average between $400 and $1200 where as a New Car Commission was $100 to $300 on average. Let's be perfectly honest, what would you do?

Used Car Buying Tip #2
The second reason I wanted you to buy a Used Car is because of the survey. This would make dealers and car company's cringe, but let's be totally honest with everyone. You need to know why you are being pushed to this Used Car. This is felt by many Car Salesmen, not just myself. Every time I sold a New Car, the customer would get a survey that would rate how the salesman did along with the dealership. I always received high scores, but its because I had to work extra hard to insure that I did. When I sold a Used Car, I could literally toss you the keys and be done. I have witnessed many car salesman do this. It was just about the immediate gratification and they did not care about the next car you were going to buy or about your brother, sister, neighbor, co-worker or anyone else that may be interested in buying a car.

Used Car Buying Tip #3
This Car Buying Tip towards Used is not as obvious as the others. It is much easier to make you happy with your trade in value when you are buying a Used Car. First off, the Used Car Manager is appraising your Car, so if you are buying a Used Car from their department, I could get you a little more for your trade. Used Car Managers want their numbers to look good, selling more Used Cars makes sure they keep their job. Second, you are able to over allow on your trade to show you numbers like you are getting more for your trade. This over allowance comes out of the profit the dealership and salesman makes, but many times this is what wins a customer over when they just received an appraised value down the street for $1000 less. This is one important thing to remember, YOUR CAR IS WORTH WHAT ITS WORTH! If you remember nothing else, remember this. All dealers are giving you very close numbers on what your car is worth, but many just present the numbers differently to make it look like you are getting more. You would be surprised how many times dealers in an area call each other on trades. For instance, if you are trading a Toyota Camry and are shopping Toyota, Nissan, Lexus, etc., many other dealers will call the Toyota Used Car Manager to make sure what to appraise the car at. If you already shopped at Toyota, they will say, "I just appraised that Car." You told the Toyota salesman you were going to have lunch and think about it, so they DO realize you are shopping. Be honest and tell the dealer you are going to shop around, this will cause these dealers to get the numbers as low as they are willing to go, this could work to your advantage.

These are just 3 reasons you are directed toward that slightly Used Car, not only is more money made by the salesman, but it is just an easier deal. Understanding these tips can help you get a better deal the next time you are buying a Used Car. If I can help you in any way, feel free to email me (email at the top of this page) and be sure to add yourself to the subscription link on the right side of this page and you will receive any new articles written on this page for more Car Buying Tips To Save You Money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive