Audi To Acura Lease Question?

This was a Lease question sent to me and my answer to them below, but maybe someone out there has a better answer, so here it is:

I have a question. I have a leased Audi that is ready for turn in on
May 9th. I am considering leasing an Acura. What I need to know is
how can I use the Audi turn in to my benefit with Acura? The Audi
has very low miles and is loaded and in great shape. I know that
Acura can turn it in to Audi for me as a convenience, but how do they
benefit from it?


Thanks for the question. Acura will not benefit from the turn in of your leased Audi. But, there is one thing you need to check first.
When you lease a vehicle, there will be a (turn in date) or a (payoff). Check your payoff of the vehicle and see if the Audi would be worth more than your payoff. 99 times out of 100 the payoff will be higher than the actual value of your leased vehicle, but it is worth checking. Usually car Company's offer lease deals to inflate sales in my opinion. What I mean by this is for example: They lease you a vehicle and say it will be worth X amount at the end of your 2, 3, 4, year lease. Rarely is this vehicle ever worth this much when you turn it in.

Most likely Acura will take your lease vehicle in and contact audi and it will be picked up and sold at auction for several thousand less than what they said it would be worth when you first purchased.

I work at a GM lot. I have negotiated with the lender before on some vehicles that we wanted to buy instead of them picking up and taking to auction. At GM now they send a rep out to take pictures of the leased vehicle and do inspections and offer them online to GM dealers. The amount the customer could buy for and what the vehicle sales for is very different. Hope this helps.

If anyone can give anymore tips for this person in the comments section, I am sure they will be most appreciative. Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive