The Cars of Christmas!

The Revell Visible V-8. My favorite car present from Christmas past. I probably got one of these around 1960.




























Hi folks -- I couldn't believe it this morning when my wife Kaye asked me if I wanted a new car for Christmas! I am still in shock, and don't know what to think! That was totally out of her character, to say the least!
When I think of Christmas past and cars, I go back to my childhood and remember the plastic models I got for Christmas. The best by far was "The Visible V-8." This was a huge plastic model of a GM small block V-8. With a battery to turn the flywheel, pistons, and valves actually moved! I keep on thinking that the spark plugs fired. There were cars too, like '55 Thunderbirds, '55 Chveys, and hot rods -- '32 Fords and 1940 Fords customized with flames on the hood.

Life was a lot simpler back then, even though I didn't think so from my own perspective of enduring the pressures of growing up in the 1950s and 1960s.

Cars were/are great things, then and now. But the real cool thing is the celebration of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who came down to suffer and die the the cross, so that our sins would be forgiven and we would have eternal life. That was cool.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive