Olympic Custom Volkswagen Car


Olympic Volkswagen 2
Originally uploaded by Bruce in Beijing

Have you seen some of the awesome custom Volkswagen cars painted for the Beijing Olympics? There were some cool paint jobs on the Volkswagens outside Volkswagen's Beijing Headquarters Office.

The 2008 Olympics were all about green and you could not pick a better car than the Volkswagen to represent green.

I do have a question though? Why do all Beetle's have the flower on the console? I suppose this goes back to the 60's and 70's flower child revolution, but what man would buy a car with a flower on the dash? Does this not limit the demographics for the car? Give me some dice or a Hula Girl on the dash or even the dancing dog, but a flower, I think not!

Anyway, let me know your thoughts on the Volkswagen, AKA "Beetle" "Bug" and thats another question. How did the Volkswagen acquire the term bug, beetle, etc.? A history lesson on the bug would be interesting. If anyone wants to tell the history of the bug, I will be glad to post it here with a link to your site. Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive