Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sleepy.

I had a body fat analysis done today.

Still at 180 pounds, I've plateaued. But according to the test I'm at 5.8 % fat. Crazy. I've never been single digits before, let alone this level. I don't need to lose any more weight. Otherwise, I'll start metabolizing muscle and lose power as a consequence.

I had a pretty stellar indoor time trial at Vision Quest with the team last week - dropping an average wattage I don't think I would've hit all last season in freakin' February. I gotta keep a level head through this - to just keep eating healthy, making sound training decisions, and most importantly, keeping everything balanced, beyond the cycling.

And getting lots of sleep. That too.

I want to make it though camp - 21 days! - and come out strong and finally start getting results. Now that I'm on the team's elite development squad, I have an obligation to make Cat 2 in 3 years. This winter has been much more structured and the results are real and quantifiable. The TT last week is solid evidence of that. Also, I feel my bike handling skills are improving vastly, as my time and comfort on the rollers increases. Up to no handed and standing now (not at the same time) and I'm able to tolerate mentally and physically being on them for more than just an hour at a time. Having a high quality saddle that fits is key.

Before I head to bed, I've posted two new articles on the Chicago Cycling section at examiner.com. Please go and read - I've earner over a $1 so far! At this rate, I should have enough for a 12-pack after the Midweek Gem. So do your part - and you'll get a High Life or two in return. You'll have earned it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive