Hump Day

February 25th: 178 pounds. (Goal reached. I don't think it's wise to lose any more weight for a guy my size. I had a body fat analysis last week and it was 5.8%.)

8 Days.

(Sniff...) "Apricot?"

----------

Powercranks. The answer to the question nobody asked. Oh, sorry, PEZ. (Seriously though, I think it's possible to obsess too much about cycling and this is that line.)

----------

What a great ride home today, although the day started off a bit auspiciously on the way out. I got honked at twice on Lake Ave in Glenview. Single riders always get ganged up on, but I was still surprised. Except for the incident last August, drivers pass with plenty of room due to this road's wide lanes. Leaving work was a completely different story, however. 52 degrees and a stiff wind out of the west had me cruising back east at an easy 25 mph plus on my 30 pound, fendered, squeaking Jamis Coda, Clyde. Too warm for the winter bibs, but not warm enough for bare legs. So I sweated it up in the bibs.

----------

Roscoe Village is profiled on Chicago Cycling Examiner.

----------

I got my order of Mad Alchemy the other day. It smells like Junior Mints. I can't wait to use it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive