Buy American Cars; Is it Possible?

My Grandfather always told me growing up to always buy American Cars to support our country. I did just like he said and even started working for an American Car Company; GM. I sell Pontiac, Buick, and GMC. I did just like my Grandfather told me, but I started noticing where cars and parts were made on the window stickers. It is amazing how many parts and assembly items come out of Mexico.

Do you know which cars have the highest ranking percent of parts and assembly in North America? I do now, thanks to NHTSA (National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration). They have comprised some numbers of cars and trucks made in North America. These numbers count Canada and US as North America.

The car with the highest percent of content is the Ford Crown Victoria with 90 percent American parts and production. Some of the following vehicles may surprise you, the Toyota Sienna is 85% American. The following cars also fall in at the 85% mark: Saturn Aura, Pontiac G6, GMC Sierra, GMC Savana, Chevrolet Silverado, Chevy Malibu, Chevy Malibu Classic, Chevy Express, Mercury Grand Marquis, Taurus X. The Pontiac Grand Prix is 82% along with the Chevy Impala, and Buick LaCrosse. The Buick Lucerne follows at 81%.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive