2001 Pontiac Grand Am Stalling - Answer

I have had an issue with a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am Stalling when it idles down like at traffic lights. It would start right back up, but as soon as I let off the gas, it would go dead. I asked my Mechanic and he gave me the answer I was looking for--cheap and easy to fix! So if your 2001 or similar body style 4 cylinder Grand Am is Stalling at traffic lights, check this first!

In the front of the engine there is a small Vacuum hose, remember I am no Mechanic. It is rubber and is behind a few small plugs, but directly in the front of the engine. The Vacuum hose gets dry rotted and allows air to escape and makes the gas mix too rich, this will also affect your fuel mileage. The best way to check is to start your car, push on the hose and see if your car tries to stall--BEING CAREFUL OF MOVING PARTS AND FANS! If you are like me and not a Mechanic, don't get too cute. But, to make a long story short, I paid $2.00 for the hose and hooked it up myself, so you know it wasn't too hard. Problem fixed so hope this helps someone else save some money--if you have problems finding this hose, leave me a comment and I will try to elaborate or take a picture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive