Man-up Monday

Leave it up to my wise old Dad (ha ha, you’re old) to give me some perspective with this little reminder he sent my way today:

They're rioting in Africa. They're starving in Spain. There's hurricanes in Florida, and Texas needs rain.

The whole world is festering with unhappy souls. The French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles.

Italians hate Yugoslavs, South Africans hate the Dutch. And I don't like anybody very much!

But we can be tranquil and thankful and proud, for man's been endowed with a mushroom-shaped cloud.

And we know for certain that some lovely day, someone will set the spark off... and we will all be blown away.

They're rioting in Africa. There's strife in Iran. What nature doesn't do to us... will be done by our fellow man.


---- The Kingston Trio, 1959, “The Merry Minuette”


Sorry, Mike. I was just pissed that you wouldn’t work with us - you’re definitely a super-strong rider and obviously deserved to win that race. And moreover, controversy just plain makes good reading.

You would do well in road racing and should get your required races and that upgrade in ASAP (although, if you emailed a certain official with your current road racing results, an upgrade might come sooner than you think - or so I might’ve heard). Seemingly everyone but me knew who you were last Wednesday night. Lesson learned.

Until then, I’ll be letting all the Cat 4 and 5s that are going to be filling my shoes to be marking you in your one race a year.

“Get on that dude’s wheel, and whatever you do, don’t pull.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive