Car Insurance; Does A Red Car Cost More?

On numerous occasions I have had customers tell me, I do not want a red car because the insurance is more!

I have asked several insurance agents this question and they say there is no validity to this. This myth may have come from the old sports car days when red was a popular color. If you have a sports car that happens to be red, yes the insurance may be a little more. There may be some insurance carriers that view red in a different way, but the agents I talked to said it was not true.

If you have a red car that costs more on insurance let me know. If you know the reason people have this perception, also let me know because I do not have an answer to this car insurance question.

My feeling on the subject would be that a red car would be less on car insurance because it is more visible, but I really do not know. I have also heard that silver is less on insurance. I believe it has more to do with your driving record, type of vehicle, age, gender, etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive