Car Salesman-Bad or Bad Rap?

I really believe that most car salespeople are good people and I believe they get a bad rap sometimes. Many salesmen that I know are very good people and just doing a job to provide for their family's, and can we truly blame them for wanting to make as much money for their family as they can. Dont get me wrong, there are some out there that will lie and cheat to sell a car, but there are many more that would not tell a lie if their job depended on it.
How do you know, as a customer, if you got a good deal or if you were ripped off? I believe that a "good deal" is just a perception that we have placed on a transaction. It is a good deal if we like the car and was given all the information that we need to make an intelligent buying decision. It is always someone else that tells you that you did not get a good deal. When I was selling, I had customers tell me that profit was not a dirty word. They did not mind paying me a profit because I gave them all the information that they needed to know and probably some that they did not need. I made sure that my customers were taken care of after the sell especially because that is when you find out what kind of deal you had. When a customer came in and had a problem, I took care of it, period! When that person was ready to buy another car, they knew my name and was already confident that they would be taken care of.
Maybe instead of classifying all salespeople as scum of the earth, we may need to take a look at those that take care of the customer and realize that they are people like all of us that are trying honestly to put food on the table for their family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive